Visit These Pages:
- Problems with Peanut Butter by Marie Redcay, Veterinary Assistant. Don’t feed your dog peanut butter until you know the ingredients!
- Testing Positive for Heartworms by Sara Bright. Learn what you need to know about a dog that tests positive for heartworms.
- Vestibular Syndrome by Donna Baker: Learn about this disorder that affects senior and middle-aged dogs. It affects balance and coordination and can occur suddenly and without warning.
- Allergic Skin Disease by Lee Pickett, V.M.D.: Dogs most commonly exhibit allergies through their skin. Learn about causes and how to conduct a food-elimination trial.
- Current Perspective on Golden Hips by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: Hip dysplasia is a catch-all term for hip joint instability. Get an in-depth perspective on diagnosis and treatment.
- Dealing with Hot Spots by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: Information about hot spot causes and treatment suggestions.
- Dealing with Life’s Lumps and Bumps by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: Sooner or later, your dog will develop a lump, bump or growth. Understand what these tumors may mean and treatment options.
- Dentistry Goes to the_Dogs by Lee Pickett, V.M.D.: Learn about canine dental health and the best way to keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy.
- First Aid for Pets by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: How to create a first aid kit for your dog and and common injuries. Learn what to tell your vet and how to administer canine CPR.
- Old Dogs, Old Friends by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M: Signs to watch for as your dog ages and advice on helping to ensure your dog remains your best friend for as long as possible.
- Understanding Common Blood Tests by Lee Pickett, V.M.D.: An in-depth look at the blood tests your vet may recommend.
- Veterinary Acupuncture by Lee Pickett, V.M.D.: Learn how acupuncture works, the disorders treated by canine acupuncture and precautions.
- Your Golden’s Ears by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: Golden Retrievers have a propensity for ear problems. Learn what you can do to minimize them and clean your dog’s ears.
- Let’s Cut to the Quick by Janine Fiorito: Keeping your dog’s nails trimmed is more than good grooming. Nail trimming is important for canine health. Learn the proper techniques for trimming your dog’s nails.
- Consider Pet Health Insurance by Donna Baker: An overview of how pet insurance can help you provide the best possible care for your dog, FAQs, and key points to remember.
- Lyme Disease by Donna Baker: Understanding the basics of this disease as well as steps for treatment and prevention.
Here’s a list of other websites we find helpful regarding canine health care:
- Pet Education.com
- Mar Vista Animal Medical Center
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
- The Merck Veterinary Manual
- Canine Cancer Awareness
- Dog Health – Pet Place.com
- Bloat in Dogs
- Handicapped Pets.com
- Is Your Dog at Risk from Ticks and Mosquitos
- Tick-Borne Disease Life Cycle
- Understanding Canine Parasitic Diseases
- Details of Heartworm Treatment
- Dealing with a Heartworm-positive Dog