- Dog to Dog Behaviors by Robin Adams: How and why dogs react to other dogs.
- For a Golden with Class, Head to School by Donna Baker: Read about the importance of training your dog.
- If We Have Said It Once… by Tamara Znak: Unleashed is unloved. Learn why a leash is always critical.
- Perfect Dogs Are Made, Not Born by Tamara Znak: No dog is born perfect, and those that come to DVGRR are often relinquished because of human failure to train and socialize.
- Becoming a More Than One Dog Household by Chris Shaughness: Steps for introducing a new dog to other canine family members and canine hierarchy and leadership development.
- I’m a Dog Like No Other – Appreciate My Differences! by Chris Shaughness: Learn to understand canine differences and accepting that your new dog won’t be like your old one.
- Is a Good Dog Trainer Hard to Find? by Chris Shaughness: Read about the importance of finding a reputable trainer who embraces positive reinforcement and questions to ask before selecting a trainer for your dog.
- Kids and Dogs by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M.: Learn the best way to introduce your newborn and your dog and toddler/canine interaction.
- Something to Chew On by Scott A. Krick, D.V.M: Chewing is innate canine behavior. Read about ways to discourage your puppy from inappropriate chewing as well as insights about dog chew toys.
- Easy-Walk Harness Tips by Donna Baker: Learn about this front-attaching harness that we’ve used with success at Golden Gateway. Note: The Easy Walk Harness is also available at Pap’s Place.
- How to Raise a Well-mannered Dog: A must read for dog owners of all breeds.
- Keep Your Dog Safe: by Heather Hatt: Tools and preventatives to keep your dog from getting loose.
- Dog Parks: Shy Dogs and Etiquette: by Dennis Stauffer: Determine if the dog park is right for your dog and etiquette rules to follow when you go.
- Bribe or Reward: by Dennis Stauffer: Learn the difference between bribing and rewarding your dog and the impact on positive rewards-based training.
Here’s a list of other websites and/or website-articles we find helpful regarding training:
- Association of Pet Dog Trainers
- American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors
- International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Guidelines for Choosing a Trainer or Behavior Consultant
- HSUS Dog Behavior Tips
- Animal Behavior Associates
- Helping Fido.com
- Crate Training Information
- The Fearful Dogs Website
- Dogwise: All Things Dog
- National Train Your Dog Month