Our full-color, award-winning calendar continues to be wildly popular with adopters and supporters alike, so a lot of folks will see your happy face and sparkling eyes. We are looking for great shots of DVGRR-adopted dogs showing off, acting regal, being silly, enjoying a special holiday, frolicking outside, lounging inside, or just sporting that great Golden “smile.” Remember, for a small donation your family can also have birthdays, “gotcha days” (the date of adoption), or memorial dates published in the calendar.
The winners for the 12 monthly pages are selected by staff. All photo submissions are posted (without identifying names) for staff to review and make their selections based on the four seasons and special holidays. It’s a fun way for staff to be involved, and they enjoying trying to guess which each dog is. Of course, we’d love for every dog to be a monthly winner, but we can only select 12. However, we work hard to make sure that every photo we receive is used in the calendar in some fashion.
The calendar contest is an important fundraiser for DVGRR and helps us raise money to provide for the care of every dog that arrives at Golden Gateway. We hope you’ll participate and enter a photo of your DVGRR-adopted dog!
Please read carefully and if you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and happy photo shooting!
- Deadline for submission is July 9, 2019.
- Send us your best shots, with a $15.00 donation per picture. We will be choosing one for each month; however, we will also attempt to place a photo of each dog submitted into the calendar in some form.
- Photos will be judged on composition, quality, and emotional appeal.
- All photos submitted must be horizontal in orientation.
- Digital images only. Please follow these guidelines:
a. Set your camera to take photos at the highest resolution possible.
b. You must name your image(s) with dog’s name and your last name. If sending more than one photo, number appropriately. Example: MorganBaker01.jpg, MorganBaker02;jpg, MorganBaker03.jpg.
c. Submit your image(s) in jpg or tif format on digital media (e.g. USB drive, etc.) or send as an email attachment to email@example.com. Please do not make the file smaller to email – send the original largest file.
d. If sending via email, include a note in the message body with pertinent information, so we can match your picture with your information. You will receive a confirmation of your submission within 48 hours; if you don’t receive one, assume it did not go through and please re-send.
e. Please do not print out digital images; we need the original electronic file.
- Only DVGRR-adopted dogs are eligible. (Other family pets may be included in the photo with your DVGRR dog.)
- No humans in the photo please—dogs and other pets only.
- Photos must be previously unpublished, non-professional images; no copyrighted photos accepted.
- Photos become property of DVGRR and cannot be returned.
- DVGRR reserves the right to use pictures submitted in Golden Opportunities and on our website.
- If your photo is selected for one of the twelve months, either cover, or the pocket, we’ll contact you and ask for a brief story about your dog and what they mean to you and your family. Stories may be edited for length.
- Placement on the front and back covers and 3 pocket photos are auctioned off at the Golden Gala.
- Please submit a separate form for each dog whose picture or date information is included.
- Send check, completed form, story, and picture(s) to
DVGRR, 60 Vera Cruz Road, Reinholds, PA 17569.
- YOU CAN ALSO PAY ONLINE FOR YOUR SUBMISSIONS:
Click here for 2019 Calendar Contest (for the 2020 calendar) rules and submission form.